Greg joined Schneider, Smeltz, Ranney & LaFond P.L.L. in 2015 as an associate in the firm’s litigation practice group. In 2016, Schneider, Smeltz, Ranney & LaFond P.L.L. became Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP, as two of the oldest and most established law firms in Cleveland combined.
Greg is a trial attorney. He devotes his practice entirely to litigation, and has a wealth of experience handling complex commercial and contract disputes, probate and fiduciary litigation, and labor and employment issues.
During law school, Greg was a two-year member of his law school’s nationally acclaimed mock trial team, which he now coaches. Greg was also a member of his law school’s Moot Court Honor Society and a staff editor for the Akron Law Review. He also served as an extern for the Honorable Christopher A. Boyko, United States District Judge, Northern District of Ohio.
Based on his accomplishments in the courtroom, Greg has been invited to serve as an instructor for Akron Law’s summer trial academy.
Commercial and Contract Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment for landowners in action alleging breach of contract and intentional torts in connection with oil and gas lease.
- Obtained dismissal of individuals in action alleging fraud based on improper venue.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit alleging multiple breaches of service agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment for truck service center in action alleging negligent maintenance of a truck based plaintiff’s lack of evidence.
- Obtained six-figure settlement for purchaser of machine that did not meet contract specifications.
- Prosecution and defense of real estate disputes.
- Prosecution and defense of shareholder and partnership disputes.
Probate and Fiduciary Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment for landowner in quiet title action alleging forgery and undue influence.
- Obtained dismissal of will contest action alleging undue influence.
- Obtained six-figure settlement on behalf of heir excluded from administration of estate.
- Obtained six-figure settlement on behalf beneficiary due to trust administration wrongdoing.
- Obtained temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction on behalf of trust’s co-trustee in action alleging wrongdoing against other co-trustee.
- Prosecution and defense of actions to remove administrators and executors.
- Prosecution and defense of will contest and similar actions.
Labor and Employment Litigation
- Obtained jury verdict for former employee in employment wage-and-hour case.
- Obtained dismissal of former employee in action alleging breach of non-compete agreements, breach of confidentiality agreements, and tortious interference with business and employment relationships.
- Defense of wrongful termination lawsuits before administrative agencies and courts.